Here’s the thing. Whether you’re curvy/thin/in-between/whatever, it’s important that you love your body – after all, you only get one. If you’re unhappy with the way your body looks and are working to change, kudos to you. However, love your body while you’re doing it. You’re wonderful.
So, here are 5 Reasons to Love Your Body:
1. Because your body is amazing. Not just because of the way it looks, [err.. even though I’m sure your body looks great.] but because of the things it does for you! When your sick, your body works hard to make you feel better. When you sleep, your brain gives you dreams. Your body lets you dance, sing, laugh, enjoy great food [mmmmm.. food.].. You get the idea. Your body freaking rocks.
2. Because it’s not about the way you look, it’s about your personality. I know this is cliché and okay, I’ll admit that there are shallow people out there in the world who only care about what’s up on the outside. Those people suck. Have you ever met a really attractive person only to find out that they are complete d-bags? I don’t know about you but I’m always instantly turned off by people like that.. and then somehow their appearance doesn’t seem very attractive anymore. So keep being a positive, wonderful human being and people will be attracted to you.
3. Because who needs that kind of negativity in your life? If you know anything about me and my blog, you know I’m a huge believer of bringing positive things into your life by thinking/believing/doing positive things. Positive attracts positive. So when you think/say negative things about yourself, you start to believe those things are true. Negativity breeds negativity.
4. Because you should be your number one fan. I’m not talking about tooting your own horn or anything. I’m talking about loving who you are. You have flaws, imperfections, whatever. But so does everyone else! If you’re constantly bringing yourself down and making negative comments in your head, it’s going to get to you. So next time you find yourself dissing your own image, take a moment and try to find something you love. You should be kind to everyone, including yourself.
5. Because life is too short. Honestly. So go enjoy delicious food, great wine, and copious amounts of dessert [ESPECIALLY if you order dessert first. Those are my kind of people!]. If you’re severely overweight and suffering health problems, I don’t recommend overdoing it. BUT don’t just cut out all the deliciousness that life has to offer just because you think you’re a couple of pounds overweight. Everything in moderation, darling.
The main takeaway point here is LOVE YOURSELF! I don’t even know you and I love you. So if a stranger can really dig you, don’t you think you can be a little kinder and dig yourself? [That sounds a little weird.. I’m not creepy, I swear.]
Readers: What do you love about yourself? Any advice for those dealing with body image issues?